The Towed Target Program has a variety of economical, off-the-shelf, towed targets that can be towed by either droned or manned aircraft systems. Towed targets can be used for both testing and training by various air-defense weapon systems. A broad range of large and small Radar Cross Section (RCS) towed systems are available with little lead time for use. All towed systems can be fitted with both miss-distance and bullet-counting types of scoring systems and RCS measurements. Additionally, towed targets can be designed and built to meet customer-specific signature requirements.
- Tow Assets retrieved from Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD (APG); after completion of Joint Land Attack Cruise Missile Defense Elevated Netted Sensor System (JLENS) Learjet/Towed Target support flight tests.
- Radio Frequency Authorization (RFA) from Army Spectrum Management Office (ASMO) approved for Glide Tow – 2 successful Glide Tow flight tests – (one over Gulf Range/ one over McGregor Range)…. Minor corrections being implemented.
- Glide Tow Flight Testing over McGregor Range, NM
- Sphere Tow Flight Testing over Gulf Range, FL
- Tow Program is in SUSTAINMENT
- Final Sphere Tow flight testing over Gulf Range to prove out GPS Data Logger
- Continued Glide Tow Flight Testing
- Learjet Radar Tracking tests at Redstone & WSMR for Low ER- AD (Low Extended Range – Air Defense) Radar/Missile system
- Tactical Air Launched Decoy (TALD) Analysis
- TAPS (Towed Airborne Plume Simulator) Flight Testing in support of OSD
Foreign Military Sales