The JFPL JTAC Trainer provides basic, intermediate and advanced training to personnel assigned as Joint Terminal Attack Controllers. It provides training in Types I, II and III CAS.
The Joint Fires Product Line (JFPL) Joint Terminal Attack Control (JTAC) Trainer provides realistic fire mission and Terminal Attack Control (TAC) training in portable classroom and immersive environment configurations. It uses the JFPL core asset software and leverages the same hardware for all configurations. The system is fielded in three primary configurations (phases) but is modular and reconfigurable to meet the specific needs of the customer and/or facility. It is Close Air Support (CAS) Type I, II and III, day/night accredited without restriction by the Joint Close Air Support Executive Steering Committee.
- One Semi-Automated Forces (OneSAF)
- Synthetic Environment Core (SE Core)
- Forward Observer Software (FOS)
- Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS)
- FY08: Joint Terminal Control Training and Rehearsal System (JTC TRS) prototype established JFPL Phase I system
- FY09: Procured two Phase I JTAC systems
- FY10: Block I upgrade
- FY11: Upgraded one Phase I system to Phase II and upgraded two Phase I systems to Phase III systems
- FY12: Block II upgrade
- FY13-14: Simulated Military Equipment (SME) enhancements
- 4Q FY16: Prototype evaluation
- FY16-18: Block III upgrade,CAS tactics update/integration of CFFT III capabilities
- FY 18: installation of JFPL JTAC Mini-Domes
Foreign Military Sales