Develop, field, and modernize 27 instrumentation test capabilities at the Electromagnetic Radiation Effects (EMRE) Test Complex, White Sands Missile Range (WSMR), NM.
The Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) instrumentation facilities at EMRE are used to test and evaluate military systems against vulnerabilities and electromagnetic effects to issue a safety release prior to the system’s deployment. E3 testing certifies equipment compliance with E3 Department of Defense (DoD) mandates Military Standard (MIL STD) 461 and 464 and is safe for Soldier operation.
The purpose of the E3 Systems Modernization Program is to upgrade existing high-power instrumentation test facilities at WSMR. The most urgent requirement consists of high-power transmitters, and includes specialized facilities to test Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Hazards from Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance and Personnel (HERO and HERP), and Radiated Emissions testing of diverse E3 configurations. The top priority for the E3 program is provisioning replacement instrumentation systems for four high power fixed-site transmitter facilities (T1-T4), E3 will replace or upgrade high power amplifiers, antenna systems, specialized turntables, and instrumentation support equipment. The government team successfully completed the development and fielding of the E3 T1 transmitter in February 2015, two mobile instrumentation transmitters Mar 2017, and the T3 amplifier completed acceptance testing in May 2017. In addition, the T1 instrumentation facility, HERO, HERP and the HERO data acquisition system are also scheduled to for delivery to WSMR in 2017. Under the current E3 Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle, E3 will deliver significant urgent Army instrumentation systems to WSMR within the next two years.
- 2Q FY15: Awarded IDIQ Contract
- 2Q FY17: Fielded of E-1 & E-3 Mobile Transmitters
- 3Q FY17: Completed Acceptance Testing of T3 Transmitter System
- 4Q FY17: Completed site upgrades and delivery of T1 test facility, EMI test cell, HERO & HERP instrumentation facilities, and T2 & T3 High Power Amplifier Transmitter System
- 3Q FY18: Fielded T3 facility
- FY19: Field E-4 & E-5 mobile transmitters, and T2 facility.
- FY19: Field Two Peak Pulse Power Transmitter systems, and T4 facility.
Foreign Military Sales