To provide clearance operations training on the latest tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and practice employing clearance vehicles and subsystems, including the Mine Protected Clearance Vehicle (MPCV) (“Buffalo”), Vehicular Mounted Mine Detector (VMMD) (“Husky”) with the Husky Mounted Detection System (HMDS), Medium Mine Protected Vehicle (MMPV) (RG31 and/or Panther), and the Man Transportable Robotic Systems (MTRS) (“Talon”). VCTS is the U.S. Army’s program of record for training clearance operations.
The VCTS uses five self-contained, mobile trailers containing four MPCV virtual simulators that can be reconfigured to MMPV (RG31 only), four VMMD virtual simulators with HMDS and Metal Detection Panels, four reconfigurable MMPV stations, two MTRS (Talon IIIB) virtual simulators and four Instructor Operator Stations (IOS) with four shared After Action Review areas. Each vehicle station is designed to match the layout and function of each system and enabler utilized in the clearance formation, including four mounted gunner stations. The vehicle simulators can be networked for collective clearance mission training or provide individual skill training. The VCTS includes over 125 pre-programmed scenarios. The system can run multiple scenarios form the same IOS and incorporates communication between vehicles and with the IOS. The instructor can modify scenario conditions and events such as Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) explosions, weather conditions and malfunctions in real time, allowing flexibility in training.
With Other Products Listed in this Publication
- Synthetic Environment Core (SE Core)
- One Semi-Automated Forces (OneSAF)
Other Major Interdependencies
- Edgewater Chemical Biological Center
- Night Vision and Electronics Sensors Directorate (NVESD)
- As of 3Q FY15: 27 VCTS fielded: CONUS – 23 & OCONUS – four
- 3/4Q FY15: Fielding of VCTS 5th Trailer Reconfiguration
- 4Q FY15: Testing and fielding VCTS Software Upgrade Released 2.1
- 4Q FY15: Vehicle Optic Sensor System integration upgrade
- 1Q – 4Q FY16: Continue fielding VCTS 5th Trailer Reconfiguration
- 1Q FY16: In Plant Acceptance Test for the VOSS integration phase upgrade
- 2Q FY16: Award Follow-on contract for VCTS, including additional upgrades efforts
Foreign Military Sales