To address test technology shortfalls in Electro-Optic (EO) and Radio Frequency (RF) domains by maturing and transitioning high-risk, high-payoff electronic warfare test technologies for both laboratory environment and DoD test ranges, and to enable capability development for full-spectrum Test and Evaluation (T&E) for Electronic Warfare (EW) sensor systems and U.S. systems vulnerability to EW threats.
Electronic Warfare Test Science & Technology (EWT S&T) is a multi-year effort sponsored by the DoD Test Resource Management Center (TRMC). In 2011, EWT S&T began to mature technologies that fill both current and future critical test gaps identified by periodic studies, to service T&E reliance prioritization processes, and to support DoD test ranges/facilities emerging needs. EWT S&T publishes a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) with updated technical topics to solicit offerors or projects that address EW test technology gaps to mature Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) from a TRL3 up to a goal of TRL6. Upon verification in a relevant environment, S&T prototypes are transitioned to DoD test facilities to support upcoming EW tests, or future follow-on test infrastructure engineering developments. EWT S&T team manages between 13-18 active ongoing projects ranging from stimulators, emulators, and optical systems for use in test systems at Installed Systems Test Facilities (ISTF), multispectral projectors and scene generators for sensor/seeker testing, to RF electronic attack evaluation technologies as well as various modeling and simulation tools – each with an intended transition to DoD EW test facilities. With synergy between the EWT S&T and TRMC T&E programs, S&T investments have also supported maturation of acquisition requirements as risk reductions, analysis of alternative candidates and Pre-Planned Product Improvements.
- FY15: Broad Agency Announcement and Awards
- FY16: Multiple Technology Maturation Efforts
Foreign Military Sales
- SPARTA Inc., A Parsons Company (VA) (Arlington, VA)
- SPARTA Inc., A Parsons Company (FL) (Orlando, FL)
- SPARTA Inc., A Parsons Company (CO) (Colorado Springs, CO)
- SPARTA Inc., A Parsons Company (AL) (Huntsville, AL)
- Georgia Tech Applied Research Corporation (GTARC) (Atlanta, GA)
- The University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA)
- CTSi - Virtual Flight (Lexington Park, MD)
- ASR Corporation (Albuquerque, NM)