To address test technology shortfalls in High Energy Laser (HEL) and High Power Microwave (HPM) domains by maturing and transitioning high-risk, high-payoff directed energy test technologies for both the laboratory environment and DoD test ranges to enable capability development for full-spectrum Test and Evaluation (T&E) for Directed Energy (DE) weapon systems and U.S. systems’ vulnerability to DE threats.
Directed Energy Test Science and Technology (DET S&T) provides capabilities to support testing of high energy lasers and high powered microwave weapon systems.
A Directed Energy Weapon (DEW) emits a surge of energy capable of disabling a target such as electronics in vehicles, communications equipment or other weapons.
DET S&T is a multi-year effort sponsored by the DoD Test Resource Management Center (TRMC). Since 2005, DET S&T has been providing timely investments to mature technologies that fill both current and future critical test gaps identified by periodic tri-Service studies, Service test and evaluation reliance prioritization processes, and DoD test ranges/facilities emerging needs. DET S&T publishes a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) with updated technical topics to solicit offerors or projects that address DE test technology gaps to mature Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) from a TRL3 up to a goal of TRL6.
Customers Supported include:
- Army White Sands Missile Range – WSMR, NM
- Air Force Research Laboratory – Fort Sam Houston, TX
- Air Force Research Laboratory – Kirtland AFB, NM
- Air Force 96th Test Wing – Eglin AFB, FL
- Naval Surface Warfare Center – Dahlgren, VA
- Naval Surface Warfare Center – Port Hueneme, CA
- Naval Research Laboratory – Washington, DC
- Office of Naval Research – Arlington, VA
- FY15: Broad Agency Announcements and Awards
Foreign Military Sales