To replace Legacy Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement Systems (Basic/MILES 2000) Individual Weapons System at home stations and Combat Training Centers (CTCs) according to the Army-wide distribution plan.
Instrumentable-Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System Individual Weapons System 2 (I-MILES IWS 2) is a man-worn system, providing real time casualty effects necessary for tactical engagement training in direct fire force-on-force and instrumented training scenarios (Home Station Instrumentation Training System – HITS and Maneuver Combat Training Centers – MCTCs). Use of the system, from squad thru brigade level exercises, reinforces good tactical maneuver skills by training Soldiers how to avoid being shot, as well as rewarding good target engagement ability. The IWS 2 kit is comprised of an individual body harness and helmet halo for target vulnerability on Soldiers and an unobtrusive Small Arms Transmitter (SAT) that mounts on a Soldier’s weapon to replicate weapon range and effects. Event data can be downloaded for use in a stand-alone or instrumented after action review and training assessment. The IWS 2 replaces Basic and MILES 2000 man-worn systems at home stations and instrumented sites Army-wide in accordance with the I-MILES Basis of Issue (BOI).
With Other Products Listed in this Publication
- Home Station/Army Mobile Instrumentation Training System (HITS)
- Combat Training Center-Instrumentation System (CTC-IS)
- LT2 Product Line Components
- As of 4Q FY15: Fielded 88,681 kits to over 26 locations
- As of 4Q FY15: In Option 3 of base year plus 4 options contract
- 2Q FY16: Final option expected to be awarded
- FY16: Fielding, deployment, support and sustainment
Foreign Military Sales