To simulate live weapon training events that lead to individual and crew-served weapons qualification including collective and escalation of force exercises in a controlled environment, while providing detailed feedback to the fire-team/squad that covers the fundamentals of marksmanship and/or fire control and distribution of fires.
The EST is the unit/institutional, indoor, multipurpose, multi-lane, small arms, crew served and individual anti-tank training simulation that enables training across three different modes - individual marksmanship, small unit (collective) gunnery and tactical training and judgmental use of force (shoot/don’t shoot), which includes escalation of force/graduated response scenarios. The EST provides the capability to build and sustain individual marksmanship, squad and team fire distribution, and control and judgmental use of force skills using computer-generated imagery and video. Deploying units use EST to maintain skills when they are not able to conduct live-fire training. EST marksmanship qualification standards and collective scenarios are validated by the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC).
- Small arms (pistol, rifle, carbine, and grenade launcher) simulators
- Medium, crew-served weapons (M240B and M249 Semi-Automatic Weapon) simulators
- Shoulder-fired munition (AT4 and M141 BDM) simulators
- Heavy machine gun (M2 and MK-19) simulators
With Other Products Listed in this Publication
- Synthetic Environment Core (SE Core)
- Virtual Battle Space (VBS)
- 3Q FY14: Base Award
- 1Q FY15: System Readiness Review
- 3Q FY15: Preliminary Design Review
- 4Q FY15: Critical Design Review
Foreign Military Sales