EST II simulates weapons training events that lead to live fire qualifications for individual or crew-served weapons. EST II provides weapons training in a controlled environment that reduces range/live fire fees and provides the soldier with more trigger time. Units utilize EST II to improve and excel at marksmanship skills, which improve performance during live-fire training.
The Engagement Skills Trainer (EST) II is designed to simulate live weapon training events that directly support individual and crew-served weapons qualification, including individual marksmanship, small unit collective and judgmental escalation-of-force exercises in a controlled environment. It provides detailed feedback to the individual, fire team/squad that covers the fundamentals of marksmanship, fire control and distribution of fires.
The EST II simulator provides enhanced diagnostics with intelligent Automatic Coaching and Virtual Battle Space (VBS) 3 based collective training enabled by the system’s open architecture. The EST II provides an impressive array of functionality, for both instructor and trainee, delivering solid weapon handling and shot placement analytics, coaching tools that highlight the trainee results real-time for reinforcement of correction, and enhanced graphic capabilities for an immersive training platform.
The EST II marksmanship qualification standards and collective scenarios are validated by the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC).
- Weapons: M9, M16A4, M4A1, M249, M240B, M320, M1200, M2, MK-19, M136 (AT-4), M141 (BDM)
- Optics: Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG), M68 Close-Combat Optic (CCO)
- 3Q FY14: Base Award
- 1Q FY15: System Readiness Review
- 3Q FY15: Preliminary Design Review
- 4Q FY15: Critical Design Review
- 3Q FY16: Prototype evaluation
- 4Q FY16 – FY18: Technical Refresh to EST II systems
- 4Q FY18: Initial Fielding of tetherless simulated M4A1 Rifles
- FY19: Initial fielding of tetherless simulated M249 Squad Automatic Weapons (SAW)
Foreign Military Sales