This trainer provides Forward Observers, Joint Fires Observers, and all soldiers with training in the methodology for calling for indirect fires and close air support as force equalizers. CFFT III is a critical training enabler to support Warfighters in applying precision targeting to prevent fratricide and minimize collateral damage.
The Call For Fire Trainer (CFFT) III family of systems provide institutional and rapidly deployable observed fire training for Fire Support Specialists (FSS), Joint Fires Observers (JFO), and Soldiers. The system provides training to conduct Indirect Fires, Precision Targeting, Close Air Support, Close Combat Attack (Deliberate and Hasty Attack), and Naval Surface Fire Support. The CFFT III provides the capability for Army, Joint, Multinational, and Special Operations Forces to conduct advanced, complex, and realistic fires training.
- One Semi-Automated Forces (OneSAF)
- Synthetic Environment Core (SE Core)
- Forward Observer Software (FOS)
- Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS)
- 3Q FY12: Technical refresh contract award
- 1Q FY13: Preliminary Design Review (PDR)
- 3Q FY13: Critical Design Review (CDR)
- 1Q FY15: Test Readiness Review (TRR)
- 1Q-3Q FY15: Government Acceptance Test (GAT) of the CFFT III baseline
- 3Q FY15: Technical refresh of Classroom Systems
- 1Q FY16: Bold Quest 15.2 – Test interoperability with Joint Fires Simulators
- 4Q FY15-1Q FY19: Technical Refresh of the Classroom and Transportable Systems
- 4Q19: Transition to Sustainment
Foreign Military Sales