To provide aerial targets and scoring systems to support of Air Defense Artillery (ADA) Standards in Training Commission (STRAC) Department of Army Pamphlet 350-38 training and qualification tables.
Crew gunnery and live fire training are conducted using aerial targets. The targets are representative of unmanned aircraft systems and tactical fixed-wing aircraft that could be employed against U.S. forces. These targets must be capable of representing generic threat characteristics and must allow the ADA weapon system crew to employ missile and gun systems to engage and destroy the target systems. ADA unit training programs must result in demonstrated tactical and technical competence, Soldier confidence in their weapon systems, and the abilities of our Soldiers to employ their weapon systems in a field environment.
These systems are available for use on DoD test or training ranges within the Continental United States (CONUS) and overseas, as well as in support of Foreign Military Sales cases.
- 3Q FY19: Awarded follow-on, five year production and support contract.
- Ongoing:- Annual Gunnery Qualification Training for Avenger & Indirect Fire Protection Capability Army Air Defense units
- National Training Center Opposing Force (OPFOR) Surrogate ISR UAV
- Joint Readiness National Training Center Opposing Force (OPFOR) Surrogate ISR UAV
- U.S. Marine Corps Ground Based Air Defense Systems, STINGER Training
- Navy Carrier fleet (surrogate threat UAS) training and surrogate UAS joint testing requirements
- Continued support for Army Air Defense Artillery (ADA) qualification training, Black Dart Counter UAS Demonstration support, National Training Center (NTC) surrogate Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) UAS OPFOR training with other Combat Training Center (CTC) involvement, continued support for testing, and support for multiple R&DTE activities for Army and other military services laboratories.
Foreign Military Sales
- NATO Supply and Procurement Agency