Provide an accelerated wheeled vehicle reliability and durability testing capability to Aberdeen Test Center, which assesses and validates vehicle design, functionality, and utility in a fully controlled and repeatable environment.
Heavy Vehicle Durability Simulator (HVDS) is composed of separate powertrain and chassis simulators; both accelerating testing for reliability and durability in order to collect failure data points.
- 1Q FY18: Begin Phase 0
- 2Q FY18: Test Capability Requirements Document signed and approved
- 3Q FY18: RFIs for Chassis and Powertrain Simulator released
- 4Q FY18: Complete Phase 0
- 1Q FY19: Enter Phase 1 and Chassis and Powertrain Simulator RFP released
- 3Q FY19: Chassis and Powertrain Simulator contract award
- 4Q FY19: Chassis and Powertrain Simulator Systems Requirements Review
Foreign Military Sales